11.13.2012

playing catchup

Now, I know you all have been checking this blog daily, chewing anxiously on your lip, and waiting desperately for an update.  The good news is that I've come to put you out of your misery--dictionary at the ready, and fingers completely warmed up.  The bad news is that an awful lot can happen in 10 months.  And....well, let's face it.  This blog post ain't gonna cover it all.  If you're wanting a more well-rounded experience of the Lohner family happenings, Chandler, Ashlie, and I all have blogs that we sporadically post on.  Maybe between the four blogs, you can piece a little something together. 

You know what?  I'm just gonna go for it.  LIST STYLE.

ONE: We went on some really cool trips and some really cool people visited us. This includes Poland, Belgium, Switzerland, Sweden, Spain, a visit from McKay and Jodi, Lauren Rollins, and Ashlie, David, and baby amongst many others.  I could go into detail about it all, but that would require some research and several more blog posts.  Just use your imagination--we were living in Europe.  If you think it could possibly happen for us, it probably did.

TWO:  Graduation time.  Chandler and I performed as dancers for some lady at Pineapple Studios, I graduated from seminary, and we both managed to graduate from school for the year (it's a miracle). 

THREE:  Three is a big deal.  Three is the Olympics.  We attended a couple of events including football, diving, and the opening ceremonies and remained glued to the BBC channels for the duration of the time.

FOUR: Diet time.  The Olympics must have inspired us or something, because all of us (in London) went on a diet.  Like, a real diet.  Except for Dad, who basically just stopped eating several bags of Cadbury Chocolate a day and downing ice cream.  (Can I add that he lost twice as much weight as the rest of us, twice as fast?)  We got personal trainers which was cool, and I started running which was lame.

FIVE:  Chandler and I went to EFY.  Never fear, there was only one stalker and no boyfriends.

SIDENOTE:  There are a million things that happened between January and number six, but I'm lazy.

SIX:  WE BECAME TEXAN AGAIN! I mean, honestly, we'll never really be full Texan again, but we relocated to Southlake, Texas in our exact same house and everything.  We quickly reacquainted ourselves with a couple of things, including Tex-Mex, the movie theater, Barnes & Nobles, inexpensive clothing, and heat.  Also, Blue Bell ice cream.  Definitely Blue Bell ice cream.

SEVEN:  WE GOT MICHAEL BACK!  And a few weeks ago, we also got Ashlie, David, and Pearson which is a little weird, but entirely awesome. 

EIGHT:  Eight concerns our transfer into real life.  (When I say real, I mean normal...but unreal and un-normal are basically the same thing where London is concerned.)  Dad is having a tough time with all this free time on his hands, but is definitely enjoying his golfing time.  He also is the fittest he's been in ages. 

Mom is doing normal stuff like book club, lunch with friends, organizing everything, spoiling Pearson, and enjoying me having a license way more than I am enjoying me having a license. 

Michael is working, dominating in Mario, and excelling in piano.

I am still doing independent study, practicing the piano a LOT (so much that I'm actually fooling myself into thinking I like it), and dancing on a company at Dance Industry Plano. 

Chandler is taking a few sparse dance classes at DI, attending real school (as opposed to my fake one), and being generally social.  She's popular and cool--unique in our family.  And also, she has grown up so much this past year people continue to ask if she's older than me. 

Ashlie and David are in the next town over, unpacking, working, and getting ready for school, and Pearson is just being adorable. 

We all have friends, which is weird and we don't spend a lot of time together, which is also weird.  Every single one of use is dieting, losing weight, and Mom, Dad, and I all work out with a personal trainer.  (I don't know why I feel like you care more about our dieting than our trips to Poland, but it just feels important to point out...)  We're like health freaks except we all hate it.

In future news, dance competition starts next week, Michael and I are planning on beating Mario during Thanksgiving week, and Chandler wants to die her hair red.

That's all.  And frankly, I'm so proud of myself.

1 comment: