8.18.2011

lemme see your funky chicken.

Bad news first?

Well, we got here two days ago. Yesterday, mom freaked out over what brands of laundry detergent to buy, told me repeatedly to make my bed (a single blanket at the moment), thought we were all being kidnapped, and.....*pause for effect*... lost her wallet in London's biggest, fanciest shopping mall.

Today, we walked home for 15 minutes in the pouring rain and cold. (without jackets, scarves, hats, boots, etc.). We still haven't received our shipments, have yet to begin unpacking, and we have to park three streets down from our house.

So while Mom and Dad stressed and stressed (as they had a right to do), Chandler and I practiced our dance moves. Our favorite was the funky chicken. First, you put your hands behind your head (create wings), then you go into a average sized lunge (creating a more believable chicken posture), and finally, push your head in and out to the music (like a chicken), cluck super annoyingly and loudly (like a chicken), and slowly deepen your lunge (just because). I hope you ALL just tried that. (Because Chandler and I certainly would have.)

Oh, and we all had a family dinner of fish and chips last night. I know it sounds fancy and all but it's really just breaded, greasy cod and soggy french fries. Though I actually ate it happily until I realized there was skin involved....

I do think we entertained the waiters and cooks greatly by singing an A capella version of Supermassive Black Hole (a wonderful Muse song that we don't really know the tune to...), and speaking in either Texan or Mexican accents while providing a very negative commentary to Twilight as it played on the TV. Chandler and I certainly thought it was funny.

And still, I get a jolt of extreme excitement every time someone British speaks to us.

In summary, we've made every Londoner we've seen think Americans are crazy.

SCORE.

No comments:

Post a Comment