8.27.2011

twas time to do the dancing.

The dancing was done today.
And I'm afraid I have to say it stunk.

Okay. Well to be fair, the first class was called "FUSION FUNK!" so we can hardly have expected something amazing and inspiring but the second class was a contemporary class. And I was so SO excited to finally be dancing again that I didn't even pause to think that we would do arm waggles (a technical term apparently) and reaches to the heavens and hug ourselves and learn how to roll on the floor.

We even practiced.... (don't get too appalled)....donkey kicks! (AHHHHH!)

I can only imagine what my former dance teachers would be saying right now as they have instilled in me a great appreciation of choreography. And also a great UNappreciation of donkey kicks in dance class. It was unsatisfactory to say the least....

and actually quite funny. The teacher just adooorreeed Chandler and I. We immediately got recommended for a level upgrade. We must have our donkey kicks perfect, eh?

We'll try some more classes I guess....I think that maybe if I can find a good dance studio, I can survive this year.

PS. I got told I sounded English today. When I was talking in my regular voice! So either that person was crazy or I am AWESOMEEEE.

2 comments: